Jen Mulson

Entertainment Reporter

Jennifer Mulson has worked in the entertainment department of The Gazette for 12 years, first doing the calendar listings for all those fine events, and is now the arts and entertainment reporter. She particularly loves a Broadway musical, an indie, folky singer/songwriter and a passionate spoken word poem.
  • Timely topics at heart of Colorado College production 'Top Girls'

    Updated: 4 hr ago

    By Colorado College Theatre and Dance Department, 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, Cornerstone Arts Center, 825 N. Cascade Ave., Colorado College, $5; 389-6607, coloradocollege.edu Playwright Caryl Churchill's storied 1982 work begs the question: Can women really have it all? A...

  • 12 Strays of Christmas: Colorado Springs-area animal rescues encourage folks to open hearts, homes

    Updated: 10 hr ago

    Adding a dog to your family can be one of your best decisions ever. The warm fuzzies grow exponentially if you open your arms, hearts and homes to a pooch who might be overlooked by those wanting puppies or purebreds. National Mill Dog Rescue and the Humane Society of the Pikes...

  • Variety show featuring special needs kids helps Down syndrome nonprofit in South Africa

    Published: Thu, Dec 14, 2017

    6:30 p.m. Friday, 2 and 6:30 p.m. Saturday, with hot drinks and treats, Discovery Canyon Campus, 1810 North Gate Blvd., $8, $21 VIP; 15thofdecember.com Two years ago, Jared Anderson found himself at a South African concert that blew his heart wide open. During a mission trip with...

  • Comedian Jo Koy will bring new tour to Colorado Springs

    Updated: Wed, Dec 13, 2017

    Comedian Jo Koy will bring his "Break the Mold Tour" to Pikes Peak Center on March 10. Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday. Call 520-7469 or go online to pikespeakcenter.com or axs.com. Koy kicked off his stand-up career in 1994 in Las Vegas and has gone on to appear on...

  • Clean comic Michael Jr. brings funny inspiration to Colorado Springs

    Updated: Wed, Dec 13, 2017

    Family-friendly comedian Michael Jr. describes his shows as 97 percent funny. It's that remaining 3 percent that remains elusive but enticing. He never knows what to expect, but it's always inspirational. The longtime performer has done numerous TV appearances, including "Jimmy...

  • Kesha, Macklemore announce tour with Colorado stop

    Updated: Mon, Dec 11, 2017

    Kesha and Macklemore must work well together. The musicians will team up for "The Adventures of Kesha and Macklemore Tour." They'll stop at Denver's Pepsi Center on June 17. Tickets cost $50.50-$126 and go on sale at noon Friday. Call 866-461-6556 or go online to altitudetickets.com....

  • One actor, eight roles in 'A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder' in Colorado Springs

    Updated: Sun, Dec 10, 2017

    One actor. Eight characters. To some, it's the stuff of nightmares. For James Taylor Odom, it's a dream come true. He'll portray eight men and women, all being killed one by one, in the Tony Award-winning musical "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder." The show will make a tour...

  • Theater company ending 11-year run in southern Colorado

    Updated: Sat, Dec 9, 2017

    Thin Air Theatre Company is living up to its name and vanishing from its Butte Theater home in Cripple Creek. After more than 50 productions, the resident professional group won't return after its 11th season, which ends with a Dec. 30 performance of playwright Chris Sorensen's...

  • Collective Soul to make Colorado Springs appearance

    Updated: Fri, Dec 8, 2017

    Rock band Collective Soul will make a stop at Pikes Peak Center on March 19. Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday. VIP tickets, which feature premium reserved seats, a meet-and-greet photo opportunity with the band and a specially-designed merchandise package, are on sale now....

  • 'Annie' family-friendly fare in Colorado Springs

    Updated: Wed, Dec 6, 2017

    "Annie" By Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College, opens Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays, 2 p.m. select Saturdays and Sundays, 5 p.m. Dec. 16 and 30, noon Dec. 24, 7 p.m. Dec. 26-27, runs through Jan. 7, FAC at CC, 30 W. Dale St., $20-$50, $15 student...

Like us on Facebook