COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) — “I thought it was maybe teenagers…just messing…”
Laure Thompson was watching her daughter's dog, but after leaving the dog outside for a bit and coming back, the dog was gone.
She made a move to get the dog back right away.
“Got on Facebook, posted everywhere we could. Humane society, craigslist, then made posters and plastered them all around the neighborhood," Thompson said.
Oddly enough, the dog was returned to their front porch early in the morning, and for a time the family was counting their blessings.
Then the dog, Resse's, started to have seizures.
“His eyes were also rolled in the back of his head and his eyes were wide open, ” Aidan Palmer, Resse's owner, said.
After a trip to the emergency vet, Resse's owners were told the dog had been fed a marijuana edible, and was experiencing a THC overdose.
Read more at kktv.com.